The Talent Camp will be held during the International Film Festival Mannheim-Heidelberg in November 2022 (see details below). We are opening our call for film directors and producers, who are currently studying or an alumni of any German film or art school, and who are working on their first or second feature.
The Talent Camp is looking for young film directors and producers, who are ready to make the first steps towards the international market and to present their project to key players from the industry.
The workshop will help you navigate between the various festivals, labs, producers and sales agents as well as to find the best strategy to continue preparing, making, financing, presenting and distributing your feature film.
Please find information on the selected projects of 2020 and 2021 and their success here: (link)
The criteria of the application:
· you need to be a German film student or alumni
· you need to be a director or a producer
· you need to be in any stage of production of your first or second full length feature film: you can participate as early as starting out with a good script in hand and with some financing already in place and at the latest if you are currently (in November) in the final stages of post-production or if you are looking for the right festival to submit your film to
· you need to be enthusiastic and open-minded to learn and meet people from the industry
The necessary documents in English*:
· long synopsis of the project (min. 3 – max. 5 pages)
· brochure or visual concept
· director’s statement, intention
· director’s bio, filmography (including most important festival participations)
· producer’s bio, filmography, if available (including most important festival participations)
· link(s) to director’s previous works
· rough-cut to the movie if you apply for the Works in Progress section or note about, when it is available
· budget, brief financing plan
· presumed status of the project at the time of the application and in November
· applicant’s intention note to participate at the Talent Camp and description about what you are looking for
*please create a dossier (pdf) including all the documents (explain, if any of these documents are missing, otherwise the application cannot be considered for selection)
What we can offer:
· about 10 days of intensive (hybrid or online) workshop with experts in small groups
· round table meetings with festival programmers, feature labs, German and international film funds, co-producers, producers, distributors
· pitching training with experts
· hotel for 3 nights, contribution to travel expenses
· if hybrid, the online part will be from November 11 until 16, the physical part from November 17 until 20 in Mannheim
· if the physical component has to be cancelled, the Talent Camp will take place online from November 11 until 18
If you are interested, please send an e-mail along with the dossier to email@example.com.
The submission deadline is June 17, 2022 midnight. The chosen projects will be notified by August 31, 2022 about the selection.